Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mark Gil in The Healing - July 25 2012


Days in Amsterdam - "...“Where to now?” I heard my mommy ask Gil when all the proper and necessary introductions were conducted. “Since it is a Sunday,” Gil suggests, “Why don’t we hear mass at the church of the Bigginhoff?” The church is situated in a strategic area, along several residential houses, and it is one of the only two Catholic churches in Amsterdam. Since between the two churches, it is the Bigginhoff which celebrates one mass in English, it is where most Filipinos attend their Sunday mass. The front yard of the church, after the mass, serves as a melting pot of sorts for most Filipinos. It si here where they renew acquaintances, exchange tete-a-tete, or get the latest tsismis about a fellow Filipinos. It is in this area where my group and I chanced upon Eddie Gutierrez, who was on the last leg of his European tour. Eddie works as a promotional salesman for Belcraft International, a firm which has its main office in Canada and which specializes in household wares....Happily for all of us, nothing untoward happened since then. We managed to even finish shooting the entire movie ahead of schedule. Now that I am back home, things which I should have done and which I shouldn’t keep rushing back into my mind. Truly, my days in Amsterdam continue to evoke memories for me, both pleasant and otherwise. For example, how can I forget the group who made up Miss X? They were such a happy lot that I would love working with them again. Gil, my director, despite himself, is a dear. I love the guy, since I know he loves me, too. Mark G., my leading man, will forever hold a special place in my heart. He proved so sweet, so pleasant to work with, so much so, I pray he will succeed. And my Ductch leading man, Max van Os, he did make my last days in Amsterdam memorable. I will always take him as one of the most warm-heated persons I’ve ever met in my whole life. My memories of Amsterdam will never be complete without me mentioning the kindness and generosity of the Filipinos residing there. The way they welcomed and treated us in their respective homes truly amazed me. I love them all and will cherish their memories for a long, long time..." - Ethelwolda A. Ramos, Expressweek December 20, 1979 (READ MORE)

Raphael Joseph De Mesa Eigenmann (born September 25, 1961), better known as Mark Gil, is a Filipino actor. He is the son of actors Eddie Mesa and Rosemarie Gil, brother of actors Michael de Mesa and Cherie Gil. He is fourth Filipino, fourth Spanish, and half Swiss German American descent. He is the father of singer/actor Gabby Eigenmann and Ira Eigenmann from actress Irene Celebre. He is also the father of Tim "Sid Lucero" Eigenmann and Maxene "Max" Eigenmann from actress Bing Pimentel, and of Andi Eigenmann from another actress, Jaclyn Jose. He has been married for 18 yrs to Maricar Jacinto-Eigenmann. - Wikipedia (READ MORE)

Mark Gil and Vilma Santos

Still Friends - "...THE movie Miss X, filmed and released in the ’80s, will forever be memorable to Mark Gil. Then still very young and raw as far as acting is concerned, Direk Gil Portes tapped Mark to play Governor Vi's leading man. Miss X had Governor Vi playing the title role. It was filmed entirely in Amsterdam, the official capital of the Netherlands. The entire cast, crew and staff, headed, of course, by Direk Gil, stayed in Amsterdam for about a month. As expected, the film was a blockbuster when it was shown. Henceforth, Mark admitted, life was never the same for him after the film. That he has a lot to thank Governor Vi is a given. Kaya for Mark, ang chance na makatrabaho uli si Gov. Vi is something to be grateful about. "Kasi she has not changed," aniya. "Kung ano’ng pag-uugali niya when we were in Amsterdam together at pareho pa kaming bata noon, ganu’n pa rin siya ngayon. "Considering all the achievements na kanyang natamo, ’di lang bilang artista kundi bilang public official din, I am glad she still takes to me as a friend," pahayag ni Mark. Doing The Healing with Gov. Vi is another challenge for the actor...." - Nel Alejandrino, Journal, July 11, 2012

The Healing (2012) - "...The Healing. A Star Cinema horror film under the direction of Chito S. Roño starring Vilma Santos, Kim Chiu, Janice de Belen, Pokwang, Mark Gil, Martin del Rosario, Cris Villanueva, Daria Ramirez, Maria Isabel Lopez, Ces Quesada, Cogie Domingo, Angelu de Leon, Ryan Eigenmann, and Jomari Yllana with a tentative nationwide theatrical release of May 2012..." - Chris A. (READ MORE)

Miss X (1980) - "...Did you know that as early as the ’80s, nagsusulat na ang award-winning scriptwriter na si Ricky Lee tungkol sa plight ng ating mga OFW (overseas Filipino workers)? He started with "Miss X," filmed in Amsterdam in The Netherlands with now Lipa City Mayor Vilma Santos in the title role. For an entire month, namalagi sa Amsterdam si Ricky kasama ang cast and crew ng pelikula. Naging simula ang Miss X ng ilang collaboration sa pagitan nila ng equally award-winning director na si Gil Portes. Ang next movie together nila ni direk Gil was “Carnival In Rio”, which was filmed naman in Rio de Janeiro. Alma Moreno, who was at the height of her popularity as a bold star then, played the lead role. Then came "Merika," na isinapelikula naman sa New Jersey and New York with Nora Aunor playing the lead role. “Because of that movie,” ani Ricky, “I was able to explore New York, the city of my dream. After my travels to all these places, I wrote (direk) Gil a letter, thanking him for the rare chance he gave na marating ang mga lugar na ito na ’di ko Inakalang mararating ko,” pahayag ni Ricky. For Anak, which was filmed in Hong Kong, Ricky had the chance na makatrabaho muli si Vilma sa ibang bansa muli. This time, na-renew, wika nga, ang kanilang bonding. Ricky remembered that because Anak was a blockbuster, binigyan ng Star Cinema ng malaking bonus si Ate Vi. Nagulat daw siya when one day, he received a P40,000 check from the actress. Contribution daw ang pera ni Ate Vi sa isinagawa niyang workshop for aspiring scriptwriters..." - Nel A, The People’s Tonight, Aug 31 2005 (READ MORE)

Ang Galing-Galing Mo Mrs. Jones (1980) - "...Ang Galing Galing Mo Mrs. Jones (August 29, 1980) ng HPS Film Productions ang nagtampok kina Vi, Al Tantay, Mark Gil, Richard Romualdez, Anna Gonzales, Vic Silayan, Josephine Manuel, Anita Linda, Rodolfo Boy Garcia, Tintoy at Pepot sa panulat ni Toto Belano, iskrip ni Ruben Rustia at direksiyon ni Cirio H. Santiago..." - Alfonso Valencia (READ MORE)




Translate

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...