Arranged and directed by Danny Subido with the Barons
Sixteen (Danny Subido)
Dry your Eyes (Danny Subido)
Bring Back Your Love (Danny Subido)
Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head (Bacharach, David)
When The Clock Strikes One (Robert Medina)
So With me (Freddie Stalton)
Sometimes (Danny Subido)
It’s Wonderful To be In Love (Danny Subido)
Baby Baby Baby (Danny Subido)
Sealed With a kiss (Udell Gold)
Then Along Came You Edgar (Freddie Stalton)
Love Love (Danny Subido)
Back cover text:
- ONE: Filipinos are particularly and inherently keen in music. We have that very sharp ear for music. We know if one is a singer or not. Vilma Santos is a singer.
- TWO: That’s why when her debut single “SIXTEEN” (this album’s title song), “IT”s wonderful to be in Love” on the flipside hit the record barsm, she became an instant discolandia celebrity, a national discolandia star, because Vilma Santos is a singer.
- THREE: Stop comparing now. Her voice is not similar to the voice of this and that singer. Furthermore, she has her own style. Her very own. Inimitatable. Incomparable.
- FOUR: Her voice is angelic, her voice is silky, her voice is versatile, her voice is beyond description.
- FIVE: But let me describe it. Let me try. Her voice is fragile.
- SIX: Fragile. But in this her first album, in all her songs, not a note is broken. Fragile, yet strong, vigorous, forceful.
- SEVEN: But most of all, her voice has soul. A young soul. Very young.
- EIGHT: Her “Sixteen” is lifting. Bithe. Sparkling. So are “It’s Wonderful to be in love,” “Bring back your love” and “Raindrops keepfalling on my head.”
- NINE: Listen to “Dry your eyes” Dreamy. Almost like a lullaby. Gliding. Listen to “Baby baby baby” and “Sealed with a kiss.” Floating. Breezy. Very cool. Tender. Caressing.
- TEN: Suddenly her voice become frisky, bouncy in “Love love,” “Sometimes,” “When the clock strike one,” “Then along came you Edgar, ” et al. Full of verve. Enough to turn you on.
- ELEVEN: Consider the talents pooled together in the album. Consider Bacharach, David, Udell, Geld, Stelton, Medina, The Barons and Danny Subido. Consider Vilma Santos. This is the album for the young. For the young at heart.
- TWELVE: This is your album, This is our album. This is my album.
- THIRTEEN: This collection is more than half-hour of listening delight.
- FOURTEEN: But I bet, the youthful artist will entice you to listen to this album for hour and hours and hours. I bet. I win.
- FIFTEEN: Because the songs are irresistble, as irresistible as the voice and its owner itself.
- SIXTEEN: Vilma Santos. Yes. Vilma Santos. Singer.
RELATED READING: The Sweet Voice of Vilma Santos
Photos and lyrics transcription courtesy of Nar Santander